Action Card contact information, location and hours:
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. (all University holidays are observed)
Gameday: Open three hours prior to kick-off and will remain open until the beginning of halftime.
- How do I have my first Action Card made?Once you have registered for a Bama Bound Freshman or Transfer orientation session http://orientation.ua.edu/ , you may access the online UA Action Card Photo Submission Application with your MyBama user name and password. Details about photo submission. All other students will have their cards produced at the Action Card Office during regular business hours.
Faculty/Staff will receive instructions on when they will have their Action Cards made during their orientation process. The Payroll Action form must have been completed in Banner prior to receiving your Action Card.
- My Action Card is lost/stolen, what do I do?Immediately report your card lost or stolen. During regular business hours, call Action Card at 205.348.2288 and after hours or holidays, call UAPD at 205.348.5454.
- How do I get a replacement Action Card during regular business or Gameday hours?Replacement cards are produced at 451 Campus Dr. East For students, the $35 replacement card fee is billed directly to your student account or, for faculty and staff, cash, check or Visa, MasterCard or Discover is accepted. Temporary cards are available and allow you access to your card services, including debit accounts, for one week from issuance to allow you time to locate your Action Card. Cardholders are requested to bring their driver’s license, or another form of ID, when requesting temporary Action Cards. Cardholders with NO PICTURE ID available will be verified against their picture in the Action Card’s Video Imaging System.
On Gameday the Action Card Office will be open for replacement cards three hours prior to kick-off and will remain open until the beginning of halftime. TEMPORARY cards cannot used for Gameday entrance!
- How do I get a replacement Action Card after regular business hours or holidays?Temporary cards are available at UAPD (University of Alabama Police Department) located at 1110 Jackson Avenue Tuscaloosa, AL 35487.The contact number for their Dispatch Operator is 205.348.5454. A temporary card allows you access to your card services, including debit accounts, for one week from issuance to allow you time to locate your Action Card. Cardholders are requested to bring their driver’s license, or another form of ID, when requesting temporary Action Cards. Cardholders with NO PICTURE ID available will be verified against their picture in the Action Card’s Video Imaging System.
- Can I punch a hole in the card?No, Action Cards contain internal components. Please handle with care. Damage to your card other than normal wear and tear (holes, water, pet damage, etc.) will result in a $35 Replacement Fee.
Don’t….wear hats, sunglasses or other items that obscure the face; glare on glasses; shadows; other visible people or objects in the photo; inappropriate expressions.
All photos are subject to approval.
- Do I need to notify UA once I upload my photo?The application will automatically notify Action Card that a photo has been received so you do not need to take any additional action to notify us. All communications regarding the status of your Action Card will be sent to your UA crimson email account so be sure to check to verify the status of your Action Card.
- How will I know if my photo was accepted?All communications regarding the status of your Action Card will be sent to your UA crimson email account. Be sure to check to verify the status of your Action Card. If accepted, you will receive a verification email with information on where to pick-up your Action Card on Day 1 of orientation. If your photo was not accepted, you will receive an email that includes the reason the photo could not be accepted. You can then submit a new photo, which meets all requirements, at the same web address. The new photo will upload over the current photo posted and the Action Card Office will receive automatic notification a new photo has been submitted. Once the new photo is reviewed, you will receive email communications verifying the status for that photo.
- Where will I pick-up my Action Card at orientation?Your Action Card will be ready for pick-up during orientation check-in. Check your Orientation Bama Bound schedule for information on when and where to pick-up your Action Card on Day 1. You will be required to show a government issued photo ID when you pick-up your Action Card.
- Can anyone else pick-up my Action Card?Only the cardholder can pick-up their Action Card. You will be required to show a government-issued photo ID when you pick-up your Action Card.
- How do I pick up my Action Card if I miss my orientation session?Approved Action Cards not distributed at orientation can be picked-up at the Action Card Office during regular business hours of Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Why do I need to pick up my Action Card at orientation?When you arrive on campus to start your first semester, you will need your card from Day 1 to access facilities, such as your residence hall or the Student Recreation Center, meal plans and your account funds for Dining Dollars and Bama Cash.
- Can I have my Action Card mailed to me?No Action Cards can be mailed. You are required to show an official government-issued photo ID when you pick-up your card.
- Can I change my picture later?After an uploaded photo is approved, the photo cannot be changed. For a $35 re-carding fee, students may request a new Action Card with an updated photo. No new photos will be accepted via online photo submission.
Bama Cash, Dining Dollars and Meal Plans
- How may I open a Bama Cash account on my Action Card?
- How can I, my parents or a guest add funds to my Bama Cash debit account?Students, faculty or staff can make immediate deposits online using their MyBama login. Parents or guests of students may use the Guest Deposit module. All you will need to know is the student’s campuswide ID # and their last name as it appears on their Action Card. UA accepts Visa, Master Card and American Express.
- How can I check my Bama Cash, Dining Dollars or meal plan account balance?Cardholders may verify their Action Card debit account balance(s) and meal plan balance(s) online using their MyBama login.
- How can I review transaction history for Bama Cash and/or Dining Dollars?Cardholders may verify 4 months of their Action Card debit account transaction activity online using their MyBama login.
- What is the difference between Dining Dollars and Bama Cash debit accounts on the Action Card?Bama Cash accounts are optional. With a prepaid deposit of funds, you can then use your Action Card to make purchases at participating locations at over 100 on and off-campus locations. Bama Cash is available to students, faculty and staff.
All undergraduate students with 9 or more hours will join UA’s Dining Dollars program. A balance of $325 per fall and spring semester ($100 per summer) is automatically billed to your student account. These funds are available via your Action Card for use at all campus Bama Dining locations plus all Domino’s, Buffalo Phil’s locations and campus vending machines.
- Can I withdraw money from my Action Card debit account(s)?Withdrawal of cash funds are not permitted.
- Where may I find information concerning Dining Dollars?
- Where may I find information concerning meal plan options?
- What happens to Bama Cash funds remaining in my debit account at the end of the year?For students, Bama Cash account funds automatically carry over from year-to-year ready for use at any time. Requests for refunds are accepted each year between April 15 through July 1. Refund requests are processed after the last day of final exams for the spring term with the refunds applied to the student account at the Office of Student Receivables. For students who have graduated or withdrawn, requests for refunds are accepted at any time with refunds applied to the student’s account at the Office of Student Receivables. Credit Request form. For faculty and staff, please contact the Action Card Office directly at 205.348.2288 for questions concerning Bama Cash refunds.
- What happens to Dining Dollars funds remaining in my debit account at the end of the year?Dining Dollars account funds remaining on the last day of exams for spring term will automatically be applied to the student’s Bama Cash debit account. Requests for refunds are accepted each year between April 15 through July 1. Refund requests are processed after the last day of final exams for the spring term with the refund applied to the student’s account at the Office of Student Account Services. Credit Request form.