THE NEW ACTION CARD IS HERE!
So, why do I need a new card?
It is very important that Faculty and Staff get the new Action Card to ensure your door access during this transition period. The projected building timeline list can be found here. These timelines are subject to change.
- A brand new card design featuring the Quad, Big Al, and Denny Chimes
- CWID has been removed and replaced with a unique card number
- Moving to tap technology for campus readers
- Contains two chips: One that works with current Access Control readers, and a new chip that will work with upgraded readers across campus, including Action Card, Access Control, Bama Dining, Network Printing, SUPeStore, and more!
*A new photo is required*
How to get your new card:
Come visit us in our office at the Campus Drive Parking Deck (Bus Hub) during regular business hours, Monday-Friday 8a.m. – 5p.m.
Faculty / Staff can upload a photo online
- You can select a photo of your choice (criteria).
- Or if you have had a recent photo taken by the University photography department then you may use that photo by going to newcumulus.ua.edu
If using a photo from cumulus please follow these steps:
- Go to newcumulus.ua.edu
- DO NOT create a New Account
- Enter headshots for both the username and password
- Search by your name (best results if you enter first and last name)
- Choose your favorite photo
*If you receive an error message please contact our office email@example.com or 205-348-2288*
If you need a photo taken immediately for your Action Card, please visit the Action Card Office Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 451 Campus Drive E. Alternatively, if you would like to have a headshot taken by Strategic Communications, headshots can only be taken on scheduled headshot days. Upcoming headshot days are Monday, June 4 and Tuesday, June 12 from 8 a.m. – 4:45 p.m. in Rose G-69.
Once you have the preferred photo, using your MyBama username and password, login and upload your photo LOGIN
AFTER submitting you will receive an e-mail letting you know whether your photo was accepted or denied. Due to volume, accepted photos will be ready for pick-up within 2 full business days at the Action Card Office during regular business hours, Monday – Friday 8a.m. – 5p.m. The Action Card Office is located in the lobby of the Campus Drive Parking Deck (Bus Hub).